Getting Connected in Boulder
Quite a few people are in the process of moving to Boulder (who would blame them). The next question is ‘how do I get connected in the Boulder community.’ Here are the steps I would take to be one of the gang in Boulder:
2) Get on twitter, so a search for Boulder and say hi to a few people.
3) Pay attention to events, Boulder doesn’t have a ton of company sponsored events, but has tons of 3-10 person get togethers.
4) Send people emails. Brad Feld and I love connecting people in Boulder. brad [at] feld.com and andrew [at] techstars.org.
5) Read the local blogs, comment. Jared Kolman of Pro Photo Rental found me through a google search for “Boulder Creative.” If I were to move to town today, I would reach out to these blogs:
6) Do cool things, people will notice.
7) Make non tech friends, go for road rides, hikes, what ever groups you can find. Everyone knows someone.
7) Welcome to Boulder.