White House: “Boulder Is for Startups”
Boulder has friends in high places these days. Yesterday “Boulder Is for Startups” was posted on WhiteHouse.gov, shining yet another light on the entrepreneurial ecosystem here. Boulder Startup Week, TechStars, and Silicon Flatirons all got some love.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Boulder was one of eight cities on the Startup American Roadshow.
- “Today, Boulder is home to one of the strongest entrepreneurial communities in the country, with close to 200 fledgling tech companies and a city campaign that proclaims ‘Boulder is for startups.’” Note: boulder.me is not a city campaign – it’s a volunteer campaign.
- “The rabbi of the Boulder entrepreneurial ecosystem…is my good friend Brad Feld.”
- “From May 18-22, the city’s startups will be rolling out the red carpet for talented developers, designers, marketers, and general startup enthusiasts.” If you haven’t registered for Boulder Startup Week events yet, register now.
- “Many entrepreneurial communities ask how they can be the next Silicon Valley? As Brad has often explained, that’s the wrong question.”